One of my most favorite ways to cook dinner is in my crock pot (or slow cooker). It makes life sooooo much easier. This dish is no exception. It’s full of lemon flavor and takes just about nothing to get it done. Simply pan fry your chicken in some butter to get it a bit brown, then, you just toss it right into your crock pot and add a few other simple ingredients. That’s it! I paired ours up with with egg noodles, but, this chicken will also go great with chicken flavored or white rice.
Toss in a veggie and you have yourself a delicious dinner!
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
Recipe Adapted From Life in the Lofthouse
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes for browning, 3 hours in crock pot
- 1 1/4 lb boneless chicken breast (about 3-4 breasts) cut into slices
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1- 2.8oz envelope of dry italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- In a large skillet, melt 2 TBSP butter.
- Salt/pepper chicken, then, coat pieces in flour. Add in hot skillet with melted butter. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cooking the chicken in two batches works best. Use the remaining 2 TBSP butter with second batch of chicken.
- Do not cook chicken completely. Cook for only 5 minutes or so, just to get it browned at bit.
- Add browned chicken into crock pot.
- Pour remaining ingredients(broth,dry mix and lemon juice) over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.