- Cut any remaining pieces of turkey breast off to save for another turkey dinner.
- Pull off as much other meat as you can. Dice it and place it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The rest of it (bone and all) place in a ziploc bag ready for soup.
The next night I made this yummy recipe:
Turkey Tetrazzini, Serves 6-8 people
- 8 ounces spaghetti broken into pieces cooked and drained
- 2-3 cups of cooked and diced turkey
- 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4oz sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- 1 can of cream soup, mushroom, celery or chicken
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Saute the mushrooms and onions until cooked and put on one side
- Combine spaghetti with 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/8 cup of parmesan
- Add the turkey and the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the sauteed vegetables.
- Place in a greased 9×13 and add remaining cheeses.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.
Cost (I just knew you’d ask!)
- Spaghetti: $.99 on sale
- Turkey: $1.37
- Cheese: $.10 on sale
- Parmesan: around $.50
- Mushrooms: $.50 (I bought them on sale at $.89 for 8oz and froze them)
- Onion: $.10 (Bought on sale at $.99 for 3# and frozen)
- Soup: $.39 (ALDI)
- Broth: From turkey juice
Final Cost: $3.95